My great endeavor of finding a career post-college. And all the fun things inbetween. I will post what's going on or has gone on at previous employers, where I'm currently applying, or write what I think of when it comes to employment.

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Greasy Spoons

So I enjoyed the "Still Movie". I think it sorta fits w/ my style. It also might be how I update in the future once I'm done w/ the university if I decide to keep this vlog. I hope to, but it all depends upon how I can update it.

These images are from a documentary photo project I did called Greasy Spoons. I went around some restaurants in a 40 mile radius of my home and took pictures. These are the cheap, greasy, great food and great atmosphere places to eat. The homespun places that you'd love to live down the street from.





6 Comments:

  • At 1:44 PM, Blogger chris weagel said…

    The shots get better as your video goes on.

    You should re-do this using a video camera, limiting your shots to a short, set duration, and get a lot of close-ups.

    I'm sure there's a lot of detail to see.

    Chris Weagel
    human-dog.com

     
  • At 2:44 PM, Blogger Sean said…

    I think you're getting at what the purpose of this blog might be! And the pictures look great.

     
  • At 1:34 PM, Blogger aka Victoria Lucas said…

    sweet! your work is really coming together. beautiful photography.

    i liked the two breasts i mean, frying eggs on the grill at the end.

     
  • At 12:11 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I really like this, i think this might even "say" more than video could. Shots and music are like peas and carrots. I like this more focused theme than that of your last post.

     
  • At 11:56 AM, Blogger zach kmiec said…

    nice shot of the hamburg in there. I think that these videos might function pretty well as little packages for prospective employers to look at, a nice hand-picking of your work.

    the pollock generator site is really fun.

     
  • At 12:59 PM, Blogger MidwesternMan said…

    Just wanted to comment that my last post is a work in progress. I'm hopin' to get my personal Holy Grail of projects posted for my final entry. I think it'd be a nice final post.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home