My great endeavor of finding a career post-college. And all the fun things inbetween. I will post what's going on or has gone on at previous employers, where I'm currently applying, or write what I think of when it comes to employment.

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Webisode Six

So I had an interview at Dillards a week or so ago and I thought I'd share it w/ people. I snuck a camera in and recorded it, unfortunately it had no video only sound. I did some fooling around and made some video for it. Check it out.







So the images are taken from the models on Dilliards site and I just made everything around them. For just the editing of the image part, I did it frame by frame and it took me a total of about 1 1/2 hrs for photoshopping and 8 hrs for frame-by-frame match-up to sync. That's not counting the time it took to record, which was for all total footage that I shot about 45 mins. I liked how it turned out for what I had to work with.

I'm gonna try doing some narrative pieces on myself and what I'm doing in order to liven the vlog up a little rather than stick w/ the talk to the camera approach. We'll see how it goes.

6 Comments:

  • At 9:32 PM, Blogger aka Victoria Lucas said…

    hmm...interesting approach. i wish that the pictures would've changed more than in just the mouths. an arched eyebrow here or there would've made it a bit more dynamic. however, the awkward pauses reminded me of an adult swim type show.

     
  • At 4:40 PM, Blogger AndrewHart said…

    cool cool. I liked the how you responded to the "quotas" part of the interview. That job sounds like it wouldn't be that fun any way.

     
  • At 4:47 PM, Blogger AndrewHart said…

    cool cool. I liked the how you responded to the "quotas" part of the interview. That job sounds like it wouldn't be that fun any way.

     
  • At 10:40 PM, Blogger zach kmiec said…

    i like how certain parts of the interview take on a different, funnier meaning when placed in the static context of the two standing-but-not-moving people. Like when he says,"meh mmgrenbh, sign here emhehph," just looking at you with only his teeth gnashing away. dope.
    I also like how this piece accidentally turned into sort of an expose of the Dillard's quota policy.

     
  • At 11:14 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    its very entertaining. it might not be the best idea to post this on your carreer site. If a future employer sees this...
    Nice job anyway. funny too.

     
  • At 6:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

Post a Comment

<< Home